Below are some impressions that we received from the participants (In alphabetical order):-
- Prof. Abdulkader Abed (Jordan): "I would like to send my sincere thanks and gratitude to all who organized the Emirates Conference, especially brother Mohammad. Your efforts were great. Please do keep the momentum for the coming conferences. Jazakumu Allahu Kheira."
- Mr. Afroz Ali (Australia): "I have just returned from a (long) journey back having participated in the ICOP conference. This is to thank each and everyone whom I met there, and who made my attendance and stay in Abu Dhabi full of hospitality and kindness. My very special thanks to brother Muhammad Odeh for his kindness and assistance to me, and to every other delegate of the conference. May Allah Ta’ala reward you all in abundance."
- Mr. Alireza BoojMehrani (Iran): "I would like to take advantage of this opportunity and thank you very much for holding the conference. It was my pleasure to meet you and ICOP's members and have fruitful scientific negotiation. Hope to have such as this scientific relation in the future."
- Mr. Arshad Baig (UK / Did Not Attend the Conference): "First and foremost, congratulations upon the completion of what seems to be a very successful conference. Well done and keep up the good work."
- Dr. Bernard Yallop (UK): "Everything went fine for me before, during and after the conference. Thank you for inviting me to the conference. I was treated as if I were a celebrity. I have never had my photograph taken so many times with so many different people. I was particularly impressed with the younger participants at the conference who treated me with such respect. It made all the work I had done on this subject in the past seem very worthwhile. They have encouraged me to want to start afresh with more theoretical research on first sighting of new moon along the lines of Bruin. It is ten years since I last attended such a large conference. On behalf of all the invited participants may I congratulate you on organizing such an historic and memorable conference and thank you especially for inviting me. I was truly honoured."
- Mr. Firdaus Yahya (Singapore): "I guess we all agree that the first Emirate Conference was well executed. There were good discussions, some heated ones, but in the academic spirit of learning from each other. There were so many good things that came out from that conference, from the papers presented, recommendations and the spirit of brotherhood of getting to know each other. So much so that they dwarfed any deficiencies which could not be avoided since it was the first conference executed. I would like to thank all: the patron Sheikh Mansour bin Zaid Al-Nehyan, the participants, the paper presenters, conference organizers, and especially to brother Moh'd Odeh who had shown his indefatigable efforts in ensuring the smooth flow of events. May Allah bless this conference and make it a start to more fruitful meetings in the future."
- Prof. Hasan Bilani (Saudi): "Brother Mohammad, Br. Nidhal and the organizers... I’d like to deeply thank you for your accurate organizing and good welcome for the participants. I see that the success percentage of the conference is a pleasing indication for good future, may Allah assist you and again thank you very much. "
- Eng. Hussain Khushaish (Kuwait): "I like to thank you and all the persons who arranged this conference. I learnt a lot of things from it. Although there was no time to have more communications with every body. I and a group here in Kuwait planing to establish a kind of monthly committee for crescent sighting."
- Eng. Jaffer Dharamsi (UK): "Thanks for a great conference! It was superbly organized and I met a whole lot of interesting people, with whom I shall InshaaAllah keep in touch in one shape or another."
- Dr. Jaouad Alkhaliki (France): "I fully subscribe to this statement and ask Allah to accept all these efforts and specially those of our brother Mohammad Odeh. I know that managing such a conference is a huge effort. I personally had a clear global view of what is behind the papers I read before attending the conference. Meeting with the right people was very valuable for me and the French muslims. I've started to explain what I saw, what I heard and how we could do our work here in France for Hilal sighting and lunar calendar. The path is still a bit long but we are on it as we expressed our different points of view together. Barakallah Fikoum Ajma3in."
- Dr. Maher Nofal (Egypt): "I’d like to thank all who participated in organizing this high level conference “First Emirates Conference”, especially dear brother Mohammad and dear Emirates brothers, may Allah reward you. I’d like also to thank all who participated in this conference, it was a nice opportunity for meeting."
- Prof. Majeed Jarad (Iraq): "Congratulation . . . The conference was remarkable, great and successful. Many thanks go to you for the generous hospitality. I just arrived today at home ( Anbar- IRAQ )."
- Prof. Mohammad Ilyas (Malaysia / Did Not Attend the Conference): "I understand that you had a good meeting with large participation. I am sorry that I missed the opportunity but am glad that it was done well. I am sure it helped solidify contacts with people involved in calendrical work in the region."
- Eng. Mohammed Al Bussaidi (Oman): "By all means we are the ones who have to thank you and all the people involved making the conference possible and successful. I would like to take this opportunity for me and Mr. Suleiman Al-Bussaidi to thank you for your courtesy, time, effort and for all the services which you catered to us. Again, again Big 'Shukraan' thank you."
- Prof. Nebil Ben Nessib (Tunisia): "I would like to THANK all the organizers particularly from the "Emirates Astronomical Society" and from ICOP. All the thanks to you Mohammad Odeh, to all the Conference Scientific Committee particularly my friend Nidhal Guessoum AND SPECIALLY THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE, Mr. Khalfan Alnoaimy, Mr. Abdelaziz Mohammed, Mr. Waleed Abdullah, and the others that I remember the face but not the names. The Conference was A SUCCESS, organizing, welcoming, program, stay in the hotel, the exterior dinners in different Great hotels and restaurants."
- Prof. Nematollah Riazi (Iran): "Let me use this opportunity to thank you and your colleagues for your hospitality in Abu-Dhabi and all your wonderful efforts."
- Mr. Peter Aniol (Germany): "I want to thank you for your hospitality and professionality during the conference."
- Mr. Salem Sahid (Libya): "Thank you for the good efforts, cooperation , good management and hospitality in the First Emirates Astronomical Conference. I wish you all the best in providing the whole world with the information and knowledge for the crescent sight, also I wish that all concerned people will benefit from the conference. I also thank all the committees, organizers and sponsors."
- Dr. Salman Shaikh (USA): "Thank YOU and your team for all the work Masha'Allaah."
- Mr. Suliman Gani (UK): "Mashallah I benefited tremendously from the Astronomers. I was greatly impressed with Eng. Mohammed Odeh. Could you kindly host a conference of this nature in the UK. More scholars and Imaams should be encourage to participate. Many Imams do not understand the basics of astronomy and thus the confusion. This year Eid ul Adha in UK was celebrated over 2 days. Alhamdulillah over 60 Masjid in London alone done Eid on Sunday 31st Dec."
Watch the Conference Talks and the Conference Proceedings Book
Please visit this page to watch some talks presented in the conference.
Please visit this page to read more about the conference proceedings book or to buy it.
Copyright © 1998-2007 Islamic Crescents' Observation Project (ICOP), All Rights Reserved. This material may not be reproduced in any form without permission. For more information Kindly send E-mail