Islamic Crescents Observation Project (ICOP)
This Month Crescent Observation Results: Jumadal Al-Aakherah 1445
Network of amateur astronomers of Morocco
14 November · Khaled Abdelrahman from Egypt
14 November · ABM Ruhul Hassan from Bangladesh
14 November · Javad Torabinejad from United States
14 November · Elkhalil Maouloud from Mauritania
14 November · Banouh Nouh Mefnoune from Algeria
14 November · Mohammed AissaMoussa from Algeria
14 November · Samir Al-Busnavi from Bosnia and Herzegovina
Number of reports 422
Number of reports 249
Number of reports 206
Number of reports 42
Number of reports 24
Number of reports 21
Number of reports 10
Number of reports 8
Number of reports 7
Satellite Reentry Watch (SRW)
Who we are?
UAE Astronomical Cameras Network (UACN)
UAE Astronomical Cameras Network (UACN) is an activity done in cooperation between the International Astronomical Center (IAC) and the SETI Institute. It consists of several astronomical cameras located in different locations and are pointed towards the sky. The cameras automatically record a video file once a meteor is detected. This meteor might end up as just a meteor or a meteorite which could be a satellite debris reenty! In case the meteor is detected by one camera then there is a specific astronomical data that can be collected from the video using a special software. Whereas if the meteor is detected by more than a camera, then the astronomical data that can be obtained will be much more beneficial. Kindly Click Here to know more about UACN and to see the results and maps.
Accurate Times is the official program adopted by the Jordanian Ministry of Islamic Affairs to calculate the prayer times in Jordan. The program runs under Windows, and it calculates the following astronomical events:
1. Islamic prayer times (Fajer, Shuroq, Dhohur, Aser, Maghreb, and Isha).
2. Sun times (Beginning and end of twilight, sunrise, sunset, and Sun transit).
3. Moon times (Moon rise, Moon transit, and Moon set).
4. Moon phases (Geocentric or Topocentric).
5. Crescent visibility for both; new and old crescents.
6. Crescent visibility world map for both; new and old crescents.
7. Calculations for Sun and Moon ephemeris.
8. Qiblah direction (Direction to Ka'bah in Mecca).
9. Qiblah time .
10. Hejric-Gregorian conversion.
11. The prayer call (Athan) launches automatically when it is the time of the prayer.